The Perfect Teacher
What would the perfect teacher be like? If you already know because that's your kid's teacher, this is the story gift to give them. Discover it now!
From 20 €SEE MORE
We customize your story
Fill in the form and don´t worry
Do you like the draft?
We send the books to your home
Only if it´s perfect
Choose size, binding and units
Distribute the stories
Enjoy their surprise
Frequently Asked Questions
The required photos are, in every case of stories for teachers:
- One of each child.
- One of the teacher.
- One of the group.
- One of the school (it can be the building, or the classroom, whatever is easiest).
In all three of the stories for teachers (exclusively in them), you also have the option to buy additional space for photos. And there you can add whatever you like, activities, field trips, group photos... whatever you want. You can buy space for 12, 24, or 36 additional photos. The cost of this additional space is per book, at 3, 6 or 9 dollars.
Yes! No problem!
Let's us quickly sum it up for you: We're going to ask you about it on the form. You have to indicate that the main characters are two teachers, or three, and from there we get down to work and we'll do everything in the plural. In this case you'll have to have a photograph (just ONE!) showing the two of them, or the three of them, together. It can also be a framed collage.
If you'd prefer to have the teacher be the main character, but you want the teacher's assistant or any other teacher to also appear in the story with their photo, then include them as if they were just another child.
Of course we adapt the gender of our stories, whether the teacher is a boy or a girl.
Our three stories for teachers are made for groups of 13-30 children. In addition to the teacher, obviously.
If you have a smaller group, you can fill the form for 14, or 16, or 18... and put each child twice (name and photo, the photo can be different), so they appear twice... This is very important: This option of duplicating the children, with a couple of photos of each one, does not work in one of our stories: The Teacher of Our Dreams.
Choose bright, clear photos. If they are, and are over 200kb, then they'll definitely look good. But you'll be able to view them in the draft, check how they look. Pay attention to these simple tips:
- Printing on paper can cause some light to be lost, so if you send us a half-dark photo, it may come out completely dark!
- Any phone or camera these days will give you enough quality, you don't need a super digital camera.
- Don't share the photo on WhatsApp, it spoils the image quality. On the screen, you don't notice it, but on paper you might. If you have to share it, do it via email.
- You'll crop them when you fill in the form, and you'll see for each case if it's square (most of them) or rectangular (landscape or portrait layout).
Get ready! It's going to look amazing!
You have four options:
- Get one. Ask the teacher to take one, or ask the parents at home time... go on! It'll make the story a nicer souvenir for everyone.
- If you have no other option because there is NO group photo, for more hard-working customers, you can send us a collage. It's important that the group collage have the layout of a normal photo, horizontal (landscape) and rectangular.
- If you don't like either of these options, you can add another photo of the school. It's not ideal, but it can work.
- Choose another story: In our other end-of-year story, Best Friends, no group photo is needed, as we make one ourselves as part of a collage on the last page.
We have types of binding. We list them for you here from the cheapest to the most "gift-like":
- Normal paperbacks: Thermal binding (no staples or binding ends visible). Size 22x22 cm. Inner paper, 180 gr. thickness, photographic quality. Cover paper, 300 gr. thickness (like cardboard), photographic quality. Spines. This is the most affordable option we have.
- Large paperbacks: Binding same as the previous but in 28x28cm size, the most recent innovation in binding. We're delighted, because it can make a very good gift (the size makes it an eye-catcher even if it's a paperback, it's a big book), but significantly cheaper. With 10 points, you can get one copy of this type for free.
- Paperbacks: "Normal" size, 22.5x22.5 cm. Hardcovers with high quality printing on the cover. This story may be the perfect gift, easy to hold and very "cute".
- Large paperbacks: Our customers' favorite gift item, large story (28.5x28.5 cm.). With 18 points, you can get one copy of this type for free.
In orders of several units (group stories), you can combine some bindings with others, as each recipient prefers, without any problem.
An important note: Every format is not available in every country. In Europe we have everything we've described. In the Americas, we now accept orders from United States, Canada, Mexico, Chile, Argentina and Ecuador, but some formats may not be available at this time. Please check with us first.
CURRENT TIMELINES FOR US - 2022:
From the moment you give us the photos and place the order, we take these steps:
- Within the following two or three hours, you'll receive an email informing you that you can view the first draft of your story in your user profile. You'll log in to your personal area, "My Stories", and you'll be able to view it. There are two options EDIT STORY and ACCEPT STORY.
- If there are mistakes, click EDIT STORY, and we'll take you back a step. Don't worry, the photos will stay put. You'll only change what you need to change.
- If you click ACCEPT STORY, you'll be able to download the PDF right then and there, duplicate the story, create something new with the same photos, and BUY:
- There you'll be able to indicate the number of copies you want, their binding and give us your shipping information for the printed books. This form will calculate the price and open the payment gateway. You'll be able to pay by card or by bank transfer. If you choose this last option, you must upload proof of the transaction.
Once the payment is confirmed, the order will be delivered within 10 working days.
Of course not. We'll keep your story for a while, if that's ok with you, in case you decide to buy the paper version after a while, but the photos are deleted after a few months, and you'll never see them anywhere else but in the story, in your paper-based copies or in the PDF. Specifically, the "deletion date" is 3 months after creation. You can postpone it on your profile, if you consider it necessary.
Additionally, we'll make the following document available to you, where we guarantee what we'll use your photos for. Photo Use Policy.
Being used to children's stories (with 4 we have some!), I was afraid that the Martian story would be sappy. Nothing further form the truth! The story is lovely and endearing but not mushy. A quick trip into my past which made me go back in time.
Hello, Duendeo elves. My name is Susana and this year I was given a story from your website. I just want to thank you for your work. It's the perfect reminder of my kids, and I love to read it, and read it, and read it again.
Susana, nursery school teacher. Madrid.
I was given a story from Duendeo.com, The Teacher Who Was at a Loss for Words. They gave it to me at the end-of-year party, and it was lovely to read it with all the children there. It was a very special moment.
Loli, Grade 3 teacher, Burgos
The Martians' story took me by surprise. My wife gave it to me, and I couldn't put it down till the end, with a smile on my face the whole time. A look back at our lives together, and how lucky we are to be together. Thank you!
"The Teacher of Our Dreams" surprised me, because in addition to being a cool story, with elves and magic, all my students appeared, and we looked back at some very special moments (with photos) from the time that I've shared with them. A real treat,
Andrea, Grade 1, Barcelona
I found out that the story that the moms made for the tutor and me is also in all the kids' homes, and that they read it almost every night... I was delighted to find out! They'll remember their friends and teachers too!
Luis, teacher in training in an early childhood education class, Pozue
A personalized story is the best gift
There's no better gift for a teacher than a personalized story. And even more so if it is a story that is unique, touching, and includes all the children in their class.
This is why over 4,000 teachers in Spain have received their personalized story from duendeo.com. Additionally, there's no better reminder of their friends and classmates, for a child, than a personalized story that includes all of them.
This is why more than 100,000 students have received their story in PDFs (for free), and more than 40,000 children have asked for a printed version. And these numbers keep growing! Italy, France, the United States... stories from Duendeo have started to arrive everywhere.
Stories for teachers, with a free PDF download, are now joined by our personalized stories for grandparents, the best stories for your partner, stories with all the children to use in the classroom, and even a personalized soccer album! Discover the world of duendeo.com, sign up and request your stories in PDF format for free.